Pages

Friday 3 January 2014

Inspired by this recipe :)

As you may know from my facebook my husband became vegan about 6 months ago. I'm not a vegan but it got me thinking. I started reading a lot about the food we were eating. I always liked cooking, but since then I fell in love with it. Sounds a bit silly i know but making something from scratch like hummus or pesto, and be able to see all those happy faces from it, that's an unforgettable moment. When I made this butternut squash salad this morning my hubby looked  at me a little suspicious and when I told my him what is it inside he just rolled his eyes. 
But when he tried it he couldn't stop eating! Me too. I hope you will give this salad a chance because it's worth it! Don't be afraid to try new things. Like us. 


Butternut squash kale salad with apples pecans and orange-sage dressing

Ingredients for 2:
For the Dressing :
juice from one orange
two teaspoons white wine vinegar 
one teaspoon of dry sage ( or more)
pinch of salt
4 teaspoons of olive oil

For the Salad:
fresh kale leaves 
half of cup butternut squash ( chopped into small squares) 
half of red onion thinly sliced
one crispy apple thinly sliced
1/4 cup of pecans 
salt & peper
cinnamon


1. Preheat the oven to 150C. 

2. Peel  and cut the butternut squash into small squares, add some olive oil , sprinkle with salt pepper and cinnamon, and bake for about 40 minutes or until the butternut squash is soft but not burnt. 

3. Squeeze the orange juice to a small bowl. Add vinegar and olive oil. Add a pinch of salt  and dried sage. Set aside. 

4. In a large bowl mix all the salad ingredients and sprinkle with the dressing as much as you want.

5. Enjoy it! 







No comments :

Post a Comment